For those of you with heel pain

I have had heel pain for about 6 months and it keeps getting worse. Within about the last month or so, I have noticed that when I get up in the middle of the night or in the morning and shuffle in pain to the bathroom, that the ankle of the foot I'm having the heel pain in kind of pops with each step. Not sure if it's a "grind" or not. But, I was just wondering if anyone else experiences this and knows what it is. I don't have the problem any other time during the day. Just after I wake up.

Natalieb:

Heel pain as you have described is very common (google: plantar fasciitis) there are many treatments such as icing; stretching; excercises where you do the alphabet with your foot. Also using firm orthotics in your shoes that have a firm arch support. A podiatrist can treat you for this.

Alma

Yeah…I knew the pain was common. I’m just curious if a lot of others are getting the popping as well…

True trees, the popping is probably tendons but be careful with that and always have a podiatrist check this out as sometimes popping can mean the tendons have a tear and you don't want a rupture. I have seen this too many times in the past 5 years as I work for a podiatry group.