Finally a simple cure that worked!

After 6 weeks of a constant dull headache which would get real bad and taper down a bit, I finally have relief. My rheumy said it was sleep apnea (he has sleep apnea, and fallen arches so he sends all his patients to foot doctors and sleep studies) so I paid $$$$ for a goofy home sleep study (which kept me anxious and sleepless cuz I thought I might get a bad score and the damn hoses and wires kept tangling me up) but no conclusive results. I thought it’s must be my eyes so I paid more $$$$ to get a complete eye work-up….all good. On a hunch, I got in with my GP in an hour. She said it’s my sinuses and prescribed antibiotics. I went home and snorted a home solution of salt water til I felt it in the back of my throat 3 times a day…no antibiotics…AND…I’ve been headache free for 10 days…incredible! Two days of saline water and I’m cured, it feels so good to be able to think again and with a clear head, ponder all my sore joints etc. So I am thankful and encouraged for a home remedy that worked quickly and without spending more $$$$. It isn’t the most comfortable thing to do but you get used to it.

3 Likes

Nasal douching really works for sinus issues! Cosentyx is great at messing up sinuses, so I too have gone down this route to excellent results too.

Glad you figured it out! Sometimes a simple remedy is all that’s needed rather than costly medical intervention.
My husband now 57, had REALLY STINKY - (like clear the car, gagging odor!)- sneezes since age 27 when he had scarlet fever. For an entirely different reason, at 50 he started doing the neti pot. The stinky sneezes COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED. Apparently he had bacteria or something in there for all those years! A month of neti pot and it’s been gone every since!

Yeah, each to their own, not for me! Initially it felt great to have my sinuses clear, but then it transformed a stubborn head cold into a roaring bacterial infection that made me extremely ill within 12 hours. And there were definitely antibiotics needed for that! Glad it’s been so helpful, it sure does feel good to have them clear hey?

Headaches are so debilitating…especially when the eyes are involved, I boil the water that use before snorting the salt solution out of concern for an infection. But when I think of it, I got plenty of lake water up the nose as a kid and don’t remember any issues. Friday I get the results of my sleep study.

1 Like

Yes, I boiled it too, sterilised everything- the doc thought the bacteria was already in my nose but I flushed it up into a little cranny that it found it particularly nice to grow in! Lovely thought :joy:. Might have been on steroids at the time too, that’ll always make things worse.

This is totally my favorite conversation to read while I’m having breakfast.

1 Like

Well, at least we have enough class to not say what we do AFTER we snort salt water!

3 Likes

Heh he, glad I can be someone’s breakfast entertainment!

1 Like