Fatigue

I can take the pain and push through when I can, but the fatigue can be more debilitating than anything else about this disease. Sometimes I feel it’s an effort to even take a breath I’m so tired. Even when I get a full night’s sleep, I wake up as tired as I went to bed. I have a 3 1/2 year old grandson that I keep at least once per week and I feel like I’m not an active participant in being a grandmother because I just want to lay down and take a nap instead of playing with him. I can take pain meds to help with the pain, but how do we treat the fatigue?

I know the feeling, fatigue can beat me where the pain doesn't, everytime.

The only thing that has helped me, some what, is keeping to a healthy diet and cutting out wheat completely. I'm still tired most of the time,and sometimes nap, but the days on end where it was an effort to even talk are much fewer.

although I have to say....today was my first day back at work after a week annual leave, by 2pm I had to go and have a strong coffee and a caffine drink to keep from dropping off doing patient care plans.........I was so used to having a nap during my week off, its a hard habit to break!

Can you nap when he naps? If he does not nap, can you put a movie in and you nap while he is watching it.

Just a suggestion!