Fatigue - Good News Bad News and a possible answer

Hi Robd0gg, sorry it took a while to get back to you. The Rhuemy wasn’t suggesting that 15 Australian standard drinks a week is a good idea, just that in the studies he has seen, there is no correlation between alcohol intake and liver damage (up to 15 standard drinks a week) in people DX with PsA and on MTX (probably less a reflection on the alcohol as being harmless, but more on the MTX as being distinctly harmful - I’ll post that ref once I argue with my iPhone for a bit).

I would think that 15 a week is well and truly enough to enjoy a few scotches (or wines in my case) on a Friday (and Saturday, and Sunday) night. So the choice, given the data, is less about not drinking, but more about whether MTX is worth the risk.

I say this not as a scaremonger against MTX - but as a reason to be educated about the risks. I currently take it - it is worth the risk to me. But I’m only 37, and it may not continue to be worth the risk, depending on the circumstances.

PS. You are welcome to a referral to my Rhuemy, but I was rather kind when I said practical, but not always right. Much of his advice has been contrary to the published research - I only used this info because I found the studies on NIH myself, and validated his interpretation of them.

Typical Aussies, always an excuse to drink…,