Eye changes with illness

I am just learning that my eye changes are illness related. Anybody have any insight on the matter? I read someone talk about hunger pains, also. I have experienced hunger pains in the middle of eating. I was wondering what was going on. Is there anything that doesn't get affected?

Hi Happy -

I posted earlier but it didn't seem to take. I have had eye problems.

From this article, "It is concluded that inflammatory eye lesions are a frequent accompaniment to psoriatic arthritis."

http://ard.bmj.com/content/35/4/354.short

I also have eye problems i was diagnosed with conjuctivis (an infection or allergy of the eye) not satis fied with the diagnoses. my eyes fill with thick fluid and itch feels like there is sand in them.any antihistamine helps i use diphenhydramine (Benadryl is the common name) rexall sells it 365 tablets for about 5 dollars.cold meds also have antihistamines but they can have a back lash effect at least for me. i have whats called droopy eye to which causes my eye lashes to curve into my eye some times.both conditions are from psoriasis or so i was told.oh yea sytane eyedrops help andand any eye drops containing ketotifen fumarate.

Thanks for your comment. I am so agitated to find out that my eye problems are due to psa. I get out of one depression,just to have something else trigger it again! I only began research this week. I have little access to a computer. I will get more involved with computers,now that I have "all Ya'll" to talk too.I am very grateful for your responses. I will be heading home soon. If I don't respond It,'s because I am not near a computer.I will miss venting and learning new info. til then..I am not good with computers. I have alot to learn.

lonestarsally said:

Hi Happy -

From this article, "It is concluded that inflammatory eye lesions are a frequent accompaniment to psoriatic arthritis."

I have isolated myself so badly, I withdrew from healthy people. I can't keep up with nobody.I don't understand this illness. It's even harder getting them to. I knew I needed someone to talk to.I knew it was more serious than a mental health provider could assist with, although I plan to find one to vent to. this "site" has given me a sounding board to find "my way" to open up to one. and what directions to take my conversations.I have been so sad.. Just knowing yall are a click away with the same issues has brought so much relief to my heartache.I stay active and try to be positive and comical. IT has been a lonely world not addressing these issues with anyone. I have immense gratitude to you all thank you so very much.

lonestarsally said:

Hi Happy -

well this is just embarrassing.. I dont know how to use computers. much less this site. please overlook my rambling. If anybody knows how to educate me. please do...am I even in the ballpark?

You are doing fine Happy. You know enough to know that you want know more, which puts you WAY ahead of most. I don't know what is embarrassing.

You have two options when you reply one is right under the previous post and says >Reply If you click on click on that one, it will quote the reply above (or any other reply) that way we know you are directing your comments to that persons comment. at the very bottom is another that says V Reply to discussion it doesn't quote anyone so we know you are directing your comment to the "topic" of the discussion.

This site is a bit different than most if you click on anything orange, it will take you somewhere, or do something. On most computers thats in Blue. People refer to those things as "links" or hyper links. For me its more often "oh sh** what did I do now?" especially at night when I'm using my phone or Tab (we have no computers at the house) between arthritis and fat fingers I make lots of typos and its to dang hard to fix them.......

HAhahahahaha thanks.....all of my friends are over 75years old. The one whose computer I am on,he is 81. I push myself way too hard, he is so busy. He doesn't have the slightest idea what kind of pain I face. I have been a caregiver for so long. I need one now. I dont know any young people whatsoever. Now I face watching them pass. I only hope this illness takes me out first.I dont have any family. It would be a blessing. I'll be heading home today. It will be awhile before I visis this site again. you made my day replying thanks.

tntlamb said:

You are doing fine Happy. You know enough to know that you want know more, which puts you WAY ahead of most. I don't know what is embarrassing.

You have two options when you reply one is right under the previous post and says >Reply If you click on click on that one, it will quote the reply above (or any other reply) that way we know you are directing your comments to that persons comment. at the very bottom is another that says V Reply to discussion it doesn't quote anyone so we know you are directing your comment to the "topic" of the discussion.

This site is a bit different than most if you click on anything orange, it will take you somewhere, or do something. On most computers thats in Blue. People refer to those things as "links" or hyper links. For me its more often "oh sh** what did I do now?" especially at night when I'm using my phone or Tab (we have no computers at the house) between arthritis and fat fingers I make lots of typos and its to dang hard to fix them.......