Excercises for people with PA in neck

Hi All,

ANYTHING I do using my arms/neck leaves me in agony. I need to work /tone my once firm arms and just cannot find anything to do that doesn't HURT . Anyone have any excercises to share? I have degenerative spine too and stenosis with pain down arms. Ideas from someone with these issues? Thanks!

Judy

PS. The severe pain is also thru my ribs and under armpits....so very painful. I miss excercising!

good questions.... my rheumy sends me to Physical therapy they are the ones who can show you what exercises you can and shouldn't do. so far im not allowed to do any exercises. :>(

Trish

I also have severe neck pain. I can move my neck about 5-10%. My whole neck is fused from the top to down between my shoulder blades. I wish there was some relief.

PT has been very unhelpful to me mainly because people in northern VT just do not have an understanding of autoimmune diseases. I end up teaching them....and learn nothing myself. Was a nurse for many, many years then went back to college, got my Psych degree and counseled groups of people with chronic physical and mental illness.

I was just hoping someone in this group would have a magical excercise for arms that won't kill the neck and ribs, etc. I used to be so athletic......makes my heart heavy not to be able to even open a jar anymore!!!!!!

trishdett said:

good questions.... my rheumy sends me to Physical therapy they are the ones who can show you what exercises you can and shouldn't do. so far im not allowed to do any exercises. :>(

Trish

Hi Judy,

My Chiropractor, who knows my back better than anyone, is the one I went to with this, that way I knew I had the very best advice for improvement, and no worries about making anything worse! Good luck!

Hi Judy, wanted to tell you that I have met a nurse on the Fibro site who has some genetic diseases that make regular http://www.youtube.com/user/DrStephenKaufman treatments impossible, she recommends pain neutralization a new chiropractic technique, worth you checking out! I thought of you immediately. She is very wise you two would hit it off!

Hope this helps,

SK