Desperately need help!

Hey Sunny, I have went to three RA doctors, the first one I couldn't stand....made me think it was all in my head. THe 2nd one referred me to a ortho surgeon who did a TKR on both my knees. Went back to the RA and he thought that the pain in my shoulders, elbows, wrists and hands would get better after surgery. They were worse. Then he said Oh I think maybe you have Fibro...zoomed out of there. It also took my Primary to tell me that I needed to go to a RA asap or I will be a cripple by the time I am 50. I finally found a RA who I liked, she has now left the practice, they gave me a NP, I don't like her. So I will ask for a different doc, if not I will be on the trek again to find another. I am not going to a doctor that does not understand my pain. But as most have posted sometimes it takes forever to find a doctor that understands that you are not just there for the heck of it. I always laugh because I am always the youngest in the RA doctor's office. But TKR on both knees at 40, something was and is seriously wrong and I am glad that I have the diagnosis. Hang in there and don't give up! (Oh and I only have psoraris on the inside of my forearms.)

Sorry for taking a while to respond. I have 4 children (whom I home educate) and run a farm, so sometimes I can get a little caught up!!!!

I just read Jmt's thread and would like to use the same words.....Thank you all for your kindness and support and also your encouragement to trust my instincts. My first step will be finding a new Doctor to get x-rays done on my ankles and get a referral to see a Dermatologist. I will let you all know how I go.

I'm glad I picked this forum as my first one to post on!!! :)

Another amazing woman! Glad to have you here Sunny, you are an inspiration!

Yes it does hon. My advice to you is don't give up. If this doc will not listen go to another until you find one that will listen. There is no one on earth that knows your body more than you do. It really sounds like Psa so you're on the right track.

I went through what seems like soooo many Drs!! I had one rheumy tell me to wear a neck brace and I would be fine, I had a Dr tell me I had carpal tunnel in my ankles, I had a family practitioner tell me he had 80 year old patients with more leg strength than I had..He is what prompted me to keep trying to find someone who would listen. I really like the rheumatologist I have now, she listens! It took me almost 10 years to find her! I have just started treatment a few months ago and so far I feel no change but she said it can take a while.

I guess my point is when you know there is something not right don't give up until you find out what it is. I tip my hat to you! Educationing four children and running a farm is no easy task in itself!!

ali