Could be bad flu season

Here we go again…

3 Likes

Just had my flu jab yesterday, which should hopefully at least help.

1 Like

Got told could not do flu vaccine

Were you told why not? It’s not a live virus, so it’s compatible with biologics. I’ve been getting them every year, and my rheumatologist tells me to.

2 Likes

I was just about to say the same @letizia. Huge push in the UK to get all of us to get one.x

1 Like

My Rheumy offers the flu vaccine with all the strains, I will probably get it next time I go in. I have never had a problem with the flu shots.

1 Like

Got the flu shot today, it had all the different strains…

1 Like

Heard on the news last night that 'flu vaccine has arrived in the UK. So even though we no longer really have a government (in my opinion) and Brexit could soon disrupt supply of some medications, 'flu jabs will be available. (‘Hurry while stocks last’??)

3 Likes

Why can’tyou get the flu vaccine? It’s not a live vaccine?

1 Like

There is a “special” flu shot available for us folks. Basically its double strength. Its not always avaiable so you have to ask if your doc doesn’t suggest it. the high-dose vaccine was 24.2% more effective in preventing flu in adults 65 years of age as well as immuno suppresed folk (New England Journal of Medicine)

2 Likes

This is what my Rheumy gave me last week, it has all the different strains going around, not just one or two.

1 Like

Don’t know how to thank you guys for being around giving sound advice such as in this case. Went ahead and had the flu shot. May be one for all strains if remember correctly.
all the best,

4 Likes