Cortisone injection into sacroiliac joints 48 hours ago appears to be helping symptoms!

It’s been 2 days since my injections into both sacroiliac joints. Initially there was no relief, then about 5 hours later the pain turned to a dull ache instead of the sharp hot pains, yesterday was horrible - apparently this is a ‘flare’ period where the local wears off and the cortisone hasn’t had a chance to work yet. And then last night I slept better than I had in weeks! I’m so relieved! There is still pain there, but it’s manageable, I hope it improves even more! I had a slight hurdle along the way because my MRI found a large 9cm hemorrhagic cyst in my left ovary, which is causing me pain and nausea. Apparently it’s completely full of blood and is at risk of ovarian torsion. As long as it resolves itself in a few weeks and I don’t need surgery, I don’t care, as long as I continue to get relief from the joint pains so I can sleep without the need to take temazepam in the near future. Any improvement is a reason to smile and have hope these days :slight_smile:

So good to hear. For a lot of people cortisone shots can work wonders.

Great news on the shot!

Be careful with that ovary, I had a sudden torsion and lost my ovary, needed emergency surgery to remove it.

Thanks for the heads up Marietta. I have since seen my gynaecologist who did my endometriosis surgery last October and he said I can call him day or night if I need to be admitted to hospital to have the ovary taken out. He said if I get sudden intense pain and/or vomitting then I need to go straight into ER. What were your symptoms when it happened to you?

I went in for severe abdominal pain, thought I had a kidney stone. After a bunch of scans they found a big blood cyst on my ovary. I was sent home with pain meds, it was supposed to dissipate but didn't. Within a week I was back in with pain I was blacking out from and vomiting. About the same pain as transition in childbirth. I had emergency surgery and the ovary was dead from torsion. Apparently the whole week the ovary had been flipping back and forth, twisting off the blood supply then back.

It was awful and I hope yours dissipates on its own!!

Thank you so much for letting me know Marietta. They first discovered the cyst 6 days ago, and it’s been the last 2 weeks that I have had on and off bouts of severe pain radiating through to my back. The gynae seemed to think it should resolve itself in a couple of weeks, and I assumed since the pain comes and goes that it mustn’t be urgent, otherwise it would be a constant pain. But now what you have described as the twisting and untwisting of the ovary, I am a little concerned that this could be happening to me too. Luckily I am an ultrasound tech and I can get one of my co-workers to have a quick look for me for me at work tomorrow :slight_smile: I’m very lucky to have the right people available to help me out, sorry you had to go through such a horrible experience xox

I had shots done back in March, and I never got any relief, so I had to wait 2 weeks before I could get My 2nd, and I now have Pain But Not near as Bad as Before, It Now is about a 4 1/2,