Quantcast

Living with Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA)

Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Could be … Seems like no supplement is guaranteed trouble-free. I think in my case peristalsis sort of seized up, no sensation of needing to empty my bowels at all (sorry if tmi). My guts are usually fine so that was weird.

Ahem young man!! One hopes you are now eating healthy food! Is there healthy stuff that agrees with your tum & your palate?

Actually that rather read wrong. I can’t eat traditional healthy food when the ibs plays up - just the sight of a vegetable other than a potato and I am in the loo. That doesn’t mean I eat UNhealthy food, I might add, but one of my five a day results in five trips to the bathroom a day!
Has always been the same. So I am stuck with fish, ham, chicken with boiled potatoes etc. Very dull!

1 Like

Apologies for nagging. I didn’t realise.

Feel free to nag!

1 Like

Have you tried the Low FODMAP DIET? Been doing that for about a year now, really helps with the gut issues. It is a tad boring, but I get creative.

1 Like

Yeah, it didn’t do anything for me, alas.

Had wonderful results w carnivore all the best

Here is a good update video on the virus, looks like it may be with us longer then we hoped. But some promising combo treatments.
The unfortunate thing, they are finding that people may be becoming reinfected, with the virus. They still are not certain if the virus is not hiding, and just reappearing, or flaws in the testing, but some were even donating antibody rich blood, only to become reinfected 3-4 months later! The antibodies mayBe acting like those of other covid illnesses like colds, where they only last a short time, this could pose a problem for vaccines, the ones they are already rushing to manufacture for billions… :flushed:

Of course our concern, with a immunocompromised system, we would love to see this resolved in a timely manner, the quarantine was fun for a couple of weeks, but come on!
As a side note: had fun with my doctor With “Mask Envy” today, when we were comparing masks, I showed him my N99, he had a fold up N95, tisk… "Oh, that is just 95%, mine is 99%… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: We had a good laugh!
Anyway, I have been following these videos from the start and he has been spot on, and easy to understand. Worth a watch.

1 Like

The hardest part about this virus is telling your college age children they cannot come home. The mental part of this virus is just as bad as the physical. We have been told what not to do but we need to be told what we can do and how to be a family again since this virus will be around for a long time.

1 Like

I have my cantankerous 93 year old mother living alone, about a 2 hour drive from me, have not seen her since February, I used to go out At least once a month to clean her place, and socialize. I can only imagine the condition of her apartment! Those hoarder TV shows comes to mind… At some point I will have to done a PPE tyvac suit and go over and clean the place up! Not a good time for me, just finishing my loading doses with my latest biologic. It is also 125 degrees out there in the Palm Springs area! Kind of like visiting Mars, without a spacesuit! Plus she screams at me the whole time I am there. I know she loves me, but geez.

1 Like

That’s cute, my mum is about to turn 97, in Florence with my younger sister, her two daughters, two cats and a puppy dog. She is blissfully happy with the company, in spite of being bedridden, am hoping to be able to go and visit. In the meantime must declutter my apartment and one next door which belongs to the sisters, lukewarm lockdown of a sort just reinstated in Italy, temperatures at 40 degrees, and remote working. Space age atmosphere.

1 Like

Nice that you can help out and visit, and that you are well received.
Oh I might add, she has a small fat dog and a jet black cat, who she constantly yells at. The cat is always happy when I come over, as I am a compatriot, we feel akin as we are both targets! The little god can do no harm, poop all over the apartment, no problem. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I hope this makes you smile wherever you are!
https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fenchantmentathamilton.org%2F20200601ForTheLongestTime.mp4&data=02|01||2afc12dac15f4f35da8208d835b0b616|84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa|1|0|637318380375111673&sdata=x2OKqDd8tzZY9scmIaH6Jyd%2FFI43yAhn43YwGv2APYc%3D&reserved=0

2 Likes

Jon was this a typo or? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Going to send it to my friends as well. Good day!

Wow, so pretty and a talented bunch! Thank you ever so much for sharing, will share it.

That is fantastic Amos, thankyou for sharing :grin:

1 Like

Just fabulous @Amos. A gorgeous way to start my day!

No typo, piles of poop all over the carpet… :flushed:

1 Like

Been a while since I looked around the papers, and I saw this one recently I thought was interesting, published by Annals of the Rheumatic diseases. Remember it is just an association, but interesting all the same (and I’m sure @tntlamb will tell us if it’s totally whacko - yes that’s the scientific term for it - and we should forget I ever posted it!)

Characteristics associated with hospitalisation in people with Covid 19 and Rheumatic disease

Conclusions We found that glucocorticoid exposure of ≥10 mg/day is associated with a higher odds of hospitalisation and anti-TNF with a decreased odds of hospitalisation in patients with rheumatic disease. Neither exposure to DMARDs nor NSAIDs were associated with increased odds of hospitalisation.

Good sign for the TNF blocker, though the overall rates of hospitalisation are high, so keep staying safe, just like @Amos song!

(PS. Remember association does not equal causation)

2 Likes