Bio-resonance

This is new to me and my skeptical side is already biased…I have had a person whom I respect, tell me about bioresonance treatments for many forms of arthritis. Do any of you know anything about this and its legitimacy?

Never heard of it. It might help sooth (like a massage etc) but beyond that I can’t see it’s worth thinking about.

I see the article addresses the placebo effect and bioresonance allegedly is more effective than a placebo. Maybe it’s just a really great placebo?

The Placebo Effect thing does have credence in the medical world. I would be experiencing something similar right now if I’d just won the lottery. Any positive attention has the same effect on me and, I believe, on most people. I think that’s why I rarely feel unwell during a good appointment with my rheumy.

Yep, I’m cynical as hell. But then I ‘believe’ that swimming in the cold sea helps me - and it does.

1 Like

Yup the placebo effect is well known, but it has to be a placebo group. There is absolutely no way to design a study for smoking cessation the way that one is described.

The line “Bioresonance should not be used as a first-line or only treatment for any condition.” tells you all you need to know. All they are saying is, "Give us some money for bioresonance, take your meds, exercise, do PT and everything else your care team tells you and if you have improvemnt or don’t get worse, we’ll take the credit."

The other thing is the ways cells communicate is bio-chemically not electromagnetically especially true with DNA.

3 Likes