Barometric presser

Got cloudy yesterday and cool wow had a bad day lots of pain I guess Barometric presser has a lot to do with it. I'm in sunny California, I feel for everybody in the colder areas. I asked the wife to get a heating blanket. I welcome to find out what you do to help pain med's are out I am allergic to most I well never be a addict.

Another question dose PsA cause you to be light headed & fogy I know I'll have the Doctor check it out. Thanks

hello there I am from new Hampshire and I do know the weather can effect my pain I love my heating blanket I have lived here all my life but since the psa winters are rough but at the same time I would not trade it for anything I love the snow it is beautiful as for the fogginess I know everyone is different but I do get light headed at times I call it a funky feeling.sorry about being allergic to pain meds I take pain pills on my very worse days I know they say they are addicting but I hate taking pills anyway but I also know that there are days I really need them with the psa I also have fibormialgia and osteo I have learned over the years what I can and can not do there are things that I have had to give up but I take one day a time hot baths,ben gay,and my heating blanket has become my best friend.sorry guess I got off track hope I answered your question have a great day may god bless

Thank you howdydoodee, yes you really helped Had a nice reply some how my system moved on to something else just that fast it was gone, going to bed for now I hate that when that happens... :-(

howdydoodee said:

hello there I am from new Hampshire and I do know the weather can effect my pain I love my heating blanket I have lived here all my life but since the psa winters are rough but at the same time I would not trade it for anything I love the snow it is beautiful as for the fogginess I know everyone is different but I do get light headed at times I call it a funky feeling.sorry about being allergic to pain meds I take pain pills on my very worse days I know they say they are addicting but I hate taking pills anyway but I also know that there are days I really need them with the psa I also have fibormialgia and osteo I have learned over the years what I can and can not do there are things that I have had to give up but I take one day a time hot baths,ben gay,and my heating blanket has become my best friend.sorry guess I got off track hope I answered your question have a great day may god bless

For the pain, I take amitriptyline; it’s not a pain med but a tricyclic antidepressant. It’s supposed to help some with chronic pain, though the main effect for me is that it makes me kind of spacy (I only take it at night or when I don’t have to go anywhere). The pain pills never did more than that for me, anyway. I also meditate or do something distracting, like read a really good book.

The PsA has definitely made me foggy, especially when the fatigue gets bad. Very foggy, to the point that I’ve tried to use a plastic bag as a pot holder. It’s only made me light-headed indirectly. Methotrexate dropped my blood pressure really low, and that caused the sensation. And when I develop the anemia common in PsA, I also get light-headed.

Thanks corrin it was a really big help,Yes PSA has really made me foggy lightheaded And I thought it was the diabetes doing it. Also I took my first shot of Embril yesterday I was expecting to feel real bad, but I feel real good today thank God for that.

As far as the pain meds they are some that I can use but it makes me a zombie is Fentenal Patch but I get nauseated about the third day.

Thanks for the kind replies and I hope you all start feeling better.

Lord bless !!

Corin,

I have recently relocated to Knoxville and I am a nurse questioning my Rhumy. Any suggestions on a good Rhymy who listens to concerns and allows participation in care?

Tippy

Corrin said:

For the pain, I take amitriptyline; it's not a pain med but a tricyclic antidepressant. It's supposed to help some with chronic pain, though the main effect for me is that it makes me kind of spacy (I only take it at night or when I don't have to go anywhere). The pain pills never did more than that for me, anyway. I also meditate or do something distracting, like read a really good book.

The PsA has definitely made me foggy, especially when the fatigue gets bad. Very foggy, to the point that I've tried to use a plastic bag as a pot holder. It's only made me light-headed indirectly. Methotrexate dropped my blood pressure really low, and that caused the sensation. And when I develop the anemia common in PsA, I also get light-headed.

I mentioned to my rhumy last week how bad I hurt and he replied, "Well, have you been outside lately" implying the cold weather is not helpful with pain. He is one of those doctors who is what I socially retarded but over the top smart. I have a heated mattress pad that feels good.

Absolutely fogy!!!! and that seems to change from day to day and light headed with balance issues at times. I cannot take hydrocodone as it induces artery spasms so I take Ultram which is non narcotic. It helps if i take it four times per day. Have you tried it?

Thanks Coren, &Tippy,

Definitely foggy, strange thing happened I've always been warm-blooded in the wife is always been cold-blooded and she's happy to give me the heating blanket it is like the opposite now Lol....

Hydrocodone is always been bad for me it gets right in my lungs and I can't breathe and then I start vomiting Ultram I get skin crawling anyway I take Somas & Advil so far it's working great. I went for a Doppler's scan of my carotid arteries and they saw some blockages my doctor Will get a report about three days so I guess I have to wait and find out...

Ahh, the evils of weather changes! I am quite familiar. Once, I tracked my symptoms and they directly correlate to the changes in pressure. I use heating blankets, my hot tub, I have a heated massage chair(from my wonderful husband), and spend 20 minutes 3 times a week in an old tanning bed (fully slathered in sunscreen, of course). The tanning bed is my favorite; it warms my bones right up and really helps when the pressure is low. Its my guilty pleasure.

Oh, and brain fog is pretty common. You aren't losing it!