Arthritis in feet

I also find a cane useful when my feet are being contrary. I find it helpful even if my feet just feel unstable, but not painful. The cane lets me step more confidently and walk longer than without on those days.

GoMindfully said:

After I get up from a chair, sometimes people ask me "what did you do to you foot or leg" because I limp or can barely hobble around. I found that a walking cane stick helps - and I remember there was a recent discussion about people on here talking about using canes, not too long ago. My walking cane also helps me continue to be active by walking - and when my feet feel like they are about to give out - or I feel like my feet are going to split open at the heels, the cane helps keep my balance and take stress off my feet. It is kind of strange to me because, over a year ago, I was fighting in a national martial arts tournament, and now I use a cane like an old guy - oh well. :)

I’m worried I may be having worse problems with my feet. I thought at first it was just because the summer dries them out but now it’s all the time. Every since I was a child I was twist my ankles and more times out of none I would have a swollen foot or 2. So I’m used to feet issues but now for about a week or 2 it’s every morning and if I stand/walk for a while they hurt soo bad!! Especially standing! I guess PsA loves to keep giving new things! Lol

The only thing that helped me was the shot of cortisone into the heel.

I play musical positions everyday. get out of bed sit on the couch, sit in my chair. Stand, sit on the couch or chair, then lay in bed for a while; get up, sit in my chair. I cannot stay in any one position too long because I get stiff and sore and I can't stand for more than five to ten minutes because of my feet. I just hop around from place to place each day. it gets annoying my feet give me the most grief so I just learn to laugh it off otherwise I will go stir crazy. :P

PsA loves to remind with vengeance that it is still here with you. you started feeling better, forgot you are actually sick, and Bum! pain.

Mindy said:

I'm worried I may be having worse problems with my feet. I thought at first it was just because the summer dries them out but now it's all the time. Every since I was a child I was twist my ankles and more times out of none I would have a swollen foot or 2. So I'm used to feet issues but now for about a week or 2 it's every morning and if I stand/walk for a while they hurt soo bad!! Especially standing! I guess PsA loves to keep giving new things! Lol

I can say that my feet have hurt for a long time years, before I ever went to a Rhemmy Dr. Ankles, Balls of Feet, and Toes, Mine Look so Bad I am embarssed to go swimmimg. When I wake up after sleep several Hours, I have to hold onto my Bed, and kinda walk slowly, They Hurt so Bad, along with my Fingers. And Back.
Stoney said:

I have arthritis in my feet, but much like with my hands, it is towards the forefoot, and partly the midfoot. For a lot of people here, the heel pain is plantar fasciitis. Psoriatic arthritis is a risk factor for this. Plus, you can get a lot of tendon inflammation, as well as enthesitis. That is inflammation where the tendons insert. Ice is always good.

The treatment depends on exactly what is the problem. You will want to get this figured out, and that way you can target the best treatment for your pain.

Stoney: thanks for the website. It was that big honking tendon which runs from my ankle to all of my toes except the big one.

I had the x-ray Thursday night. Doc says the arthritis is in my right big toe down to the pad on the sole of my foot; on the top of my right foot back from my toes all the way to my ankle and enthesitis coming from the tendons into the foot. That answers why my right big toe has been sore.

Left foot not as bad, mostly the Achilles, heel and big toe.

Both are stiff and swollen today. Doc recommends orthotics with arch support and a round of Pred. I'm adding soaking my feet with Epsom salts.

I have problems with my heels hurting when I lay on my back in bed. I frequently have to change positions to keep my heels from burning and feeling tender. I don't know if it is related to PsA, but I do have tender heels.

In my searches I found youtube videos by two doctors called the gait guys. They have developed specific exercises to work the different areas of the foot that case pain. Also they explain things clearly and simply, you can try out the exercises yourself at home.

Wow. My stories all here. I wish some Dr.'s would read some of these posts. Maybe they could have treated me for the PSA I have, instead of disregarding my sore feet as bad shoes.