Quantcast

Living with Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA)

About the General Discussion category

Open discussion about topics related to PsA.

Seizures and PA. Does anyone have this problem?

What to do when all biologics have failed?

I have been on embrel since August I have flare ups about every 2 months. I go to the emergency room when that happens. I wait until the pain is bad enough so I can’t stand it anymore longer. I started out using humera on it for 3 months, didn’t work. Dr put me on embrel and celebrex. It all helps but not all the time. I am now looking for another Dr.

Recently retired from the fire service and with passed stressful weather events (Hurricane Irma) in Sept 17, I have had a lot of negative events in my life. Have been dealing with mild psoriasis since my late 20’s and now, a few years away from 60, I have had PsA symptoms for the last two years. As I said earlier, recent inactivity and stress I believe has exasperated both my psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. I have a appointment the a rheumatologist in about 6 weeks (soonest I could get in). Limited resources here in the Florida Keys. I have researched a few of the treatments and going to hopefully try Enbrel. Long story looking for advice on Enbrel, and/or holistic alternatives to traditional treatments. Thanks ahead of time for anybody reading and or responding to my rant.

Sincerely,
Try to educate myself.

1 Like

I have been suffering with PSA for two years. I have had psoriasis all my life,but now i have both. Because of the pandemic I am unable to see a doctor to get xrays on my lower back. I have PSA/ Psoriasis there. the pain is very severe at times especially when the weather changes. I am using over the counter drugs for pain, PSA and psoriasis, a d so far it has helped some. I do not know if anyone has both like I do, but if you do what kind of over the counter stuff do you use for both.? PSA/Psoriasis has disabled me for life,I collect SSDI, and my wife does to. We are trying to find a grant to purchase a handicap van, but I see no resources for getting one. I can drive thank God, but with a handicap van it will make it easier for me and my wife to go back, and forth to the store once a month, and pay bills. we have a car, but it hurts so bad getting in and out of it. please give us some ideas on what we can do make both our lives easier to live

I have found that all sedans are horrible if pain and mobility issues exists. I drive a Toyota RAV4 and a Nissan truck. Get away from the low car and get something that allows you to just sit down or stand up to access. Unless you need a handicap van for a wheelchair, they might be difficult as you have to step up and into. A small suv works great for us!